I grow up eating this rice soup . There is another name of this but for now for some reason I cannot remember it at all. Since we are all sick her ex I decided to make this soup. This is almost like the grits really. You can flavor this with chickens or even boiled eggs. Most of the time I just throw some left over chicken, onions, ginger, salt and pepper . Very easy to make.
When you make this soup just let the rice cook until it fluffy already. Normally I put a lot of water in about three cups of rice that’s because I want it soupy not like steam rice. So if you put about two cups of rice. Make sure that your water is about 6 to 8 cups. You can add liquid as needed, just remember to keep adjusting your salt and pepper as well.
This is very comforting soup, one bowl can fill you up. Honestly with our taste bud right now, this soup is the only thing that we like to snack around the house.
- 1 cup of chicken shredded
- 1/2 cup of onions (if you have green onions or red that will do too)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon ginger
- 2 to 3 cups of uncooked rice (cooked rice will do to)
- 8 cups of water (add more later if needed)
- In a big pot add your rice and water, let it boiled.
- Once it started boiling add you onions, salt & peppers, ginger, and chicken.
- Lower your heat to medium, make sure you stir it every now and then to avoid burning it.
- Let it cook until the rice is fully cook.
- Serve warm it’s a lot better than cold.
Let me know how you like this recipe, and if you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask.