A lot of you is wondering how those restaurant make their egg-roll. Well today I am sharing you this recipe I recreated and put together. Eggroll is not hard to make at all, and the good thing about it is you can make it ahead of time and don’t worry about it until it’s party time. You can even freeze the eggroll and just get what you needed each day.
So let’s get started: Here are the ingredients that you need.
- 1 small head of cabbages (slice then thin you will understand it later as you wrap it)
- 2 tablespoon of Hoisin Sauce
- 2 tablespoon of Oyster sauce
- 3 1/2 cup of shredded carrots
- 1 beaten egg ( to use when you wrap the mixture)
- 4 to 5 table spoon of soy sauce
- 3 stalk of green onions chopped
- 1 small onions chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon garlic ( if you have fresh garlic you can use 4)
- 1 to 2 lbs of ground meat ( you can use any meat you wish)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brown the ground meat, once it’s brown drain the access fat but leave with a little bit for flavoring.
- Add ginger, garlic, hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, pepper, salt, soy sauce, italian seasoning, basil and onions. Sauteed them for about 3 minutes until the onions is translucent.
- Then add the shredded carrots, cabbage and the green onions, mix well. Cook this for about 10 minutes, do not over cook the cabbage. I like my cabbage to be a little crunchy.
- Let it cool down after you turn off the heat, I drain all the access juice on my mixture that way the wrapper won’t rip or get damage.
- Once it’s cool down you can start wrapping, remember to do no over crowd your eggroll wrapper, about 2 tablespoon of your mixture is enough. Also the wrapper point edge should point at you just like a diamond shape.
- Roll the eggroll carefully, keep in mind you need it to be a little tight as you roll it. As you get closer to the other side of the wrapper you can brush your wrapper with the beaten egg to sell it.
- Fry the eggroll for about 3 to 5 minutes, depends on how low your heat. I had mine on medium to avoid getting it burn. Fry it just enough for your wrapper to get brown then flip it once to brown the other side.
Serve it hot with some other side that you have in mind. These is a sauce that you can buy at any Asian market that is for eggroll. Eggroll is a very common food in my country, we always prepare this each holiday, birthday, wedding or any party. It’s easy to make, and you can store this in the freezer by putting them inside the ziploc bag.
If you decide to put some in the freezer I recommend not cooking it. You can cook it when your ready to eat it. Also this is good to snack or eat on lunch or dinner. My husband and kids that’s what they do whenever I make eggroll.
If you have any request or suggestion or questions just let me know and I will be happy to assist you, as long as it’s reason.
Have fun everyone, let me know what you think about this recipe and how yours turn out.