- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 cup of green peas
- 3 cups of rice (fully cooked)
- 1 to 2 eggs scramble
- 2 garlic minced
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce ( I used the kikomo soy sauce you get at Walmart)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of chopped carrots
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- In a skillet heat up the olive oil then add the onions and garlic over medium low heat. Avoid burning the garlic. Add the carrots and peas, let it sautéed for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Push the mixture to the side of the skillet and pour the scramble egg on the skillet and mix it until it’s cook. Once the egg is cook mix everything all together and slowly add your soy sauce. You can control your soy sauce by adding little at a time.
- Add salt and pepper to taste as well, remember to use a little salt to avoid making it salty.
- Serve it hot with any main dish you wish.
Fried rice can be make without grease like you see on a lot of buffet. You can make it healthy fried rice by adding the ingredients that you want. Remember it’s all about chemistry, and you are the one that gonna eat. So add whatever vegetables you want on the fried rice.
We often wonder how are these restaurant people make their eggroll? and would I be able to make it if I try? Well the answer for all those questions is simple. Making eggroll is very easy, and yes you can make this without any problem at all. You can watch video on youtube as well. So let’s get started and get to the ingredients for this recipe.
- 1 small head of cabbages (slice then thin you will understand it later as you wrap it)
- 2 tablespoon of Hoisin Sauce (this is just optional if you don’t have this sauce it’s okay)
- 2 tablespoon of Oyster sauce (this is just optional if you don’t have it your cooking is fine)
- 3 1/2 cup of shredded carrots
- 1 beaten egg ( to use when you wrap the mixture)
- 4 to 5 table spoon of soy sauce
- 3 stalk of green onions chopped
- 1 small onions chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon garlic ( if you have fresh garlic you can use 4)
- 1 to 2 lbs of ground meat ( you can use any meat you wish)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brown the ground meat, once it’s brown drain the access fat but leave with a little bit for flavoring.
- Add ginger, garlic, hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, pepper, salt, soy sauce, italian seasoning, basil and onions. Sauteed them for about 3 minutes until the onions is translucent.
- Then add the shredded carrots, cabbage and the green onions, mix well. Cook this for about 10 minutes, do not over cook the cabbage. I like my cabbage to be a little crunchy.
- Let it cool down after you turn off the heat, I drain all the access juice on my mixture that way the wrapper won’t rip or get damage.
- Once it’s cool down you can start wrapping, remember to do no over crowd your eggroll wrapper, about 2 tablespoon of your mixture is enough. Also the wrapper point edge should point at you just like a diamond shape.
- Roll the eggroll carefully, keep in mind you need it to be a little tight as you roll it. As you get closer to the other side of the wrapper you can brush your wrapper with the beaten egg to sell it.
- Fry the eggroll for about 3 to 5 minutes, depends on how low your heat. I had mine on medium to avoid getting it burn. Fry it just enough for your wrapper to get brown then flip it once to brown the other side.
You can serve while it’s hot so it’s crunchy, you can get a eggroll sauce at any Asian Store as well. I can’t remember the name of it at this moment but I will probably make a different post for that as well. Eggroll is great to prepare for any occasions, it’s perfect to have as appetizer or side dish. You can cut this in half and create a beautiful presentation for your guest. Let me know how your cooking turns out when you make this recipe. Leave your comments below.