This post contains linking back to its original author. Thank you for stopping by and hope you enjoy.
It’s that time of the year where crock-pot meal more convenient for everyone to cook. Of course, I am guilty myself, I don’t know if I have mentioned it before that I owned two crockpots. One is bigger enough to hold a big meal that will last us for a week. The other one is small perfect for just the soup and other small portion meal I like to cook. Having two crockpots going at the same time is really awesome, plus I don’t have to worry what to eat for a week.
So I asked few of my fellow bloggers for their crockpot recipe that I can include in this roundup. They are kind enough to give me permission to use their photo for this project. I must say meeting some awesome bloggers online is a great thing.
Hope that this short list will give you an idea of what you can cook during this cold weather.
Sriracha Turkey Chili (Crockpot) – By The Peachee Pear
This chili right here would be perfect for any games on the weekend. I know some may prepare this for football, but honestly, you can make this meal anytime you want to eat some chili. If you are like us who loves chili then you will love this recipe. It’s loaded with so much flavor and awesome ingredients.
Slow Cooker Hawaiin Chicken – By Glitter On A Dime
This chicken looks so delicious and only needed 4 ingredients. That’s right this doesn’t require
a lot of ingredients at all. You can either cook this on high or low it depends on when do you want to eat this meal. This can be pair with pasta or even rice and some vegetables. Read more
Beef Honeycomb Tripe Stir-Fry is the recipe that I am sharing with you all today. I wasn’t really thinking of making this stir-fry when I bought the honeycomb tripe. I bought this tripe to make a rice soup for my daughter and husband since they didn’t feel too good. This beef honeycomb tripe stir-fry is very delicious, it’s loaded with a lot of flavor and vegetables. Stir-Fry is often kind dry not soupy really, however, I decided to add a little soup on this because I love putting it over rice.
I bought this one package of beef honeycomb tripe from Walmart. It was a great buy since some was a bit high price. I was planning on buying two packages but decided to stick to one bag since this is enough meat for something that I need.
I boiled this tripe for long hours, in a slow heat to make it tender. Approximately three hours, I scooped out the existing fat and seasoned this very well to have a flavorful broth. Boiling the tripe in slow heat helps it become very tender, not chewy. Then after I boiled the tripe I let it cool down and started cutting them to a length that I want. Read more
The Best Chicken Quesadilla ever. Every time my husband and I go to Flea Market we always get the chicken quesadilla for lunch. My husband and I have eaten a lot of chicken quesadilla before but after we tasted this one, we both agreed that it’s the best one so far.
I know there are other places out there where we can get an authentic chicken quesadilla, but just haven’t encountered it yet. For now, we say this is one of the best chicken quesadillas, and full of flavor comes with this hot green sauce.
One order is enough for me and my husband. It’s a pretty big size quesadilla, I was very surprised the first time I ordered it. Although sometimes the taste changed for some reason, I guess different cook. Every now and then my husband & I love eating authentic food, however, they are hard to find. So sometimes we just have to settle on what we can find.
This chicken quesadilla is very impressive, especially it’s coming from Flea Market.
Stuffed Bell Peppers with Turkey 7 Cauliflower is a very easy recipe to make and so delicious. Instead of using rice I decided to use cauliflower to make it healthier. I know there are many variations recipe out there using bell peppers. However, you can always create something different to be different from the rest. On this recipe, you can also use brown rice if you don’t want to use the cauliflower. But I must say the cauliflower is amazing, it added a nice flavor to this dish.
The ingredients that I used in this recipe are not hard to find. To make this even better you can also use ginger, at that time I made this recipe I was completely out of ginger.
I also use three different kinds of cheese, it’s just my preferences. You can use whatever cheese you want. The combination of these three cheese was delicious. I didn’t really intend to add the swiss but since I have some leftovers from the previous cooking I made, I have decided to use it. Read more
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 cup of green peas
- 3 cups of rice (fully cooked)
- 1 to 2 eggs scramble
- 2 garlic minced
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce ( I used the kikomo soy sauce you get at Walmart)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of chopped carrots
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- In a skillet heat up the olive oil then add the onions and garlic over medium low heat. Avoid burning the garlic. Add the carrots and peas, let it sautéed for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Push the mixture to the side of the skillet and pour the scramble egg on the skillet and mix it until it’s cook. Once the egg is cook mix everything all together and slowly add your soy sauce. You can control your soy sauce by adding little at a time.
- Add salt and pepper to taste as well, remember to use a little salt to avoid making it salty.
- Serve it hot with any main dish you wish.
Fried rice can be make without grease like you see on a lot of buffet. You can make it healthy fried rice by adding the ingredients that you want. Remember it’s all about chemistry, and you are the one that gonna eat. So add whatever vegetables you want on the fried rice.
We often wonder how are these restaurant people make their eggroll? and would I be able to make it if I try? Well the answer for all those questions is simple. Making eggroll is very easy, and yes you can make this without any problem at all. You can watch video on youtube as well. So let’s get started and get to the ingredients for this recipe.
- 1 small head of cabbages (slice then thin you will understand it later as you wrap it)
- 2 tablespoon of Hoisin Sauce (this is just optional if you don’t have this sauce it’s okay)
- 2 tablespoon of Oyster sauce (this is just optional if you don’t have it your cooking is fine)
- 3 1/2 cup of shredded carrots
- 1 beaten egg ( to use when you wrap the mixture)
- 4 to 5 table spoon of soy sauce
- 3 stalk of green onions chopped
- 1 small onions chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon garlic ( if you have fresh garlic you can use 4)
- 1 to 2 lbs of ground meat ( you can use any meat you wish)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brown the ground meat, once it’s brown drain the access fat but leave with a little bit for flavoring.
- Add ginger, garlic, hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, pepper, salt, soy sauce, italian seasoning, basil and onions. Sauteed them for about 3 minutes until the onions is translucent.
- Then add the shredded carrots, cabbage and the green onions, mix well. Cook this for about 10 minutes, do not over cook the cabbage. I like my cabbage to be a little crunchy.
- Let it cool down after you turn off the heat, I drain all the access juice on my mixture that way the wrapper won’t rip or get damage.
- Once it’s cool down you can start wrapping, remember to do no over crowd your eggroll wrapper, about 2 tablespoon of your mixture is enough. Also the wrapper point edge should point at you just like a diamond shape.
- Roll the eggroll carefully, keep in mind you need it to be a little tight as you roll it. As you get closer to the other side of the wrapper you can brush your wrapper with the beaten egg to sell it.
- Fry the eggroll for about 3 to 5 minutes, depends on how low your heat. I had mine on medium to avoid getting it burn. Fry it just enough for your wrapper to get brown then flip it once to brown the other side.
You can serve while it’s hot so it’s crunchy, you can get a eggroll sauce at any Asian Store as well. I can’t remember the name of it at this moment but I will probably make a different post for that as well. Eggroll is great to prepare for any occasions, it’s perfect to have as appetizer or side dish. You can cut this in half and create a beautiful presentation for your guest. Let me know how your cooking turns out when you make this recipe. Leave your comments below.