Cooking brown rice can sometimes be intimidating just because it’s hard and so different from cooking just the regular rice. In our house, we don’t eat much white rice anymore since my husband can’t have it all the time. So the doctor told us that we can eat brown rice, quinoa and so on. At first, he was not in love with brown rice at all, because of the texture. However, I discover something that when it comes to cooking brown rice, you don’t have to follow what the package says on how to cook it. To make the brown rice fluffy like the regular rice, you have to add more water to the brown rice when you cook it.
So on this post, I will show you how I cook my brown rice, giving brown rice a new level. Yes, add flavors to it and spice that I like using to get more attention I’d say. This method is pretty simple, and doesn’t requires a lot of ingredients and don’t need to watch all the time.
The ingredients that you gonna need to make this brown rice are probably in your pantry already. So for the ingredients. You will need the following:
- 3 cups of brown rice
- 6 cups of water
- 1 cup onions
- 3 tbsp ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- -star anise (you can use few if you don’t like star anise)
- 3 tbsp garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- In a big pot, add the oil, once the oil is ready, go ahead and add your ginger, star anise, and onions. Mix well. Let is sauteed for about 2 minutes.
- Add the turmeric, garlic, mix well and saute this for about another 2 minutes. Then add the brown rice, salt, pepper, and water. Mix well until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Bring the mixtures to boil, reduce the heat and let it cook for about 35 minutes.
- Serve this warm with chicken, beef or pork.
I hope that this recipe change your way of cooking the brown rice Give it a little love and flavor and you will definitely love eating brown rice. Since I’ve been cooking brown rice this way my family loves it. You can add any flavors you want to this recipe, something that you enjoy eating. Cooking brown rice, and giving the brown rice a new level is a lot of fun and something that stick with me for a while now.
Thank you for stopping by here in my blog, and please don’t forget to subscribe. Check out my other recipe as well.
I hope that you all enjoy this recipe, and please don’t forget to follow my blog.