Photo Credited to: Panlasang Pinoy
Today I am sharing you this all time favorite dessert that we like to prepare in the Philippines. I remembered my mom growing up as a kid since we can’t afford to buy snacks all the time. She always make up this dessert or snack called “Palitaw”. Very easy to make doesn’t require so much of your time at all. You only needs few things to finish the process. Doesn’t this looks yummy? Oh yeah wait until you try this one.
Lets get started you need the following ingredients.
- 2 cups glutinous rice flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup sesame seeds, roasted
- 1 cup grated coconut
- Combine glutinous rice flour with water and mix until a dough is formed.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of dough then mold it into a ball-shaped figure.
- Flatten the ball-shaped dough using the palm of your hands.
- Boil water in a cooking pot then put-in the flattened dough.
- When the flattened dough starts to float, remove them from the pot and set it aside allowing water to drip.
- Combine sugar and roasted sesame seeds then mix well.
- Roll the rice cake in grated coconut then in the sugar-sesame seed mixture.
- Arrange in a serving plate then serve. Share and enjoy!
Hope you all enjoy this recipe, let me know what you think everyone.