There are so many variation on making fried rice. Some do make it with just the scramble egg, rice and soy sauce. But on the other side the way I make my fried rice is different. Not oily and it’s very tasty. Let’s get started.
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 cup of green peas
- 3 cups of rice (fully cooked)
- 1 to 2 eggs scramble
- 2 garlic minced
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce ( I used the kikomo soy sauce you get at Walmart)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of chopped carrots
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- In a skillet heat up the olive oil then add the onions and garlic over medium low heat. Avoid burning the garlic. Add the carrots and peas, let it sautéed for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Push the mixture to the side of the skillet and pour the scramble egg on the skillet and mix it until it’s cook. Once the egg is cook mix everything all together and slowly add your soy sauce. You can control your soy sauce by adding little at a time.
- Add salt and pepper to taste as well, remember to use a little salt to avoid making it salty.
- Serve it hot with any main dish you wish.
I use one skillet making this fried rice, so what I always do is after i sauteed all my vegetables, I just push it to the side and pour my eggs and mix it. Then once it cook I just mix everything all together. The soy sauce makes your fried rice look brown, so you can technically you don’t need a lot of soy sauce to make fried rice.
Since the rice is already cook when I added it to my mixture. I normally just let it cook for about 4 to 5 minutes, stir it every now and so the bottom won’t get burn. Most of the time I sprinkle green onions on the top of my friend rice once it’s cook.
That’s all for now, if you have any questions feel free to leave a comment below.